Avalaunch has a post-IDO cooldown period, where a fee in XAVA will be taken and redistributed to stakers, based on when you unstake. The fee begins at 15% post-IDO, and reduces every second toward 0% over 15 days.
The cooldown period only applies to users who have registered for the IDO. If you are simply staking, without registering, there are no restrictions on your withdrawals.
For 15 days following the sale, the penalty, paid in XAVA, is as follows:
- At the moment the sale ends the penalty period begins at a 15% withdraw fee, paid in XAVA.
- From there, the unstaking penalty will reduce linearly, every second, over a 15-day period, eventually arriving at 0%.
- Any XAVA claimed from those who unstake and incur the penalty will be redistributed to stakers.
- One second following the IDO, the penalty will be 15%
- 5 Days after the sale, the penalty will be 10%
- 10 Days after the sale, the penalty will be 5%
- 15 Days after the sale, the penalty will be 0%
Any and all XAVA claimed will be redistributed to stakers
Historically, in the days following a sale, there has been roughly a 3–4% drop in the total number of XAVA staked. The Cooldown period is designed to smooth this drop off, while at the same time contributing back to the staking economy.
Assessing Fees Going Forward
The 15% starting point and 15-day window are variables we determined to be a suitable starting point. These numbers are not set in stone, can be updated in the future (in either direction), and we will be closely monitoring their impact on the XAVA economy and community.
As always, we do our best to take in feedback from our users and develop and deploy features when appropriate. We do believe the cooldown period will go a long way in ensuring that the right users are rewarded for their loyalty to the platform and we are excited about this opportunity to distribute more XAVA, and allocation power, to the people that deserve it most.
Avalaunch Tutorial Quick Links: